We are always on the lookout for talented new people with a proactive attitude and passion for exciting medical content.
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking an Editorial Executive to join the editorial team and support the development and maintenance of our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
The ideal candidate is someone looking to gain insight into the world of digital medical publishing and educational content production, and who is keen to further develop skills in medical editing and writing. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A Life Sciences degree
- A passion for medical science and interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest news in clinical research
- Experience in writing scientific content
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- A proactive attitude, able to work in a flexible working environment
- Keen to learn new digital skills, including video production, and social media channel marketing and management tools
As Editorial Executive, your main duties and responsibilities will be divided between editorial and project management support, and are as follows:
- To produce high-quality written scientific content (for videos, podcasts, feature articles and more) across MMP platforms
- To proofread materials when required
- To support in the management of the MMP publishing calendar
- To support in the development of content for MMP projects, including medical congress coverage, special projects and features on all MMP platforms – this includes interview guides, video descriptions and social media/email
- To manage and regularly update the social media platforms, keeping up to date with trends/topics and interacting with the online community
- To support in the management of MMP databases
- To support in the development and maintenance of editorial SOPs and guides
Project management support
- To support the management of congress attendance – this includes logistics, crew briefs and content planning, among other tasks
- To liaise with third-party suppliers in order to obtain quotes and develop briefs
- To regularly update the congress calendar and report to the senior team on upcoming events
- To support management of congress coverage databases – this includes sourcing required information, liaising with experts and managing the interview schedule
- To keep project folders up to date with the most recent documents and ensure the wider team is able to access documents efficiently
- To maintain project status reports and update senior team on progress of all projects on a regular basis
- To attend offsite congresses and shoot, within the UK, for filming projects
- To attend internal and external calls, and record accurate minutes that should be distributed to the internal team promptly
You should note that your duties and responsibilities are likely to evolve and that you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as we may reasonably require.
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com
Medical Writing And Digital Publishing Internship
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to join our team!
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking interns to join the editorial team and support the development and maintenance of our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
- The Video Journal of Hematological Oncology
- The Video Journal of Oncology
- The Video Journal of Dementia
We are looking for passionate candidates, seeking hands-on experience at a digital publisher, to support our team of content editors. In return, we offer a supportive and engaging environment for you to gain invaluable insight into the world of medical publishing, medical writing and all things digital.
During this internship, the successful candidate will:
– Develop written scientific content, for a healthcare professional or patient audience
– Publish written and video content on various online channels
– Engage with online communities, using social media platforms
– Learn how a medical publishing company works.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A Life Sciences degree (or undertaking one)
– Excellent writing and grammar skills
– An eye for detail
– A proactive attitude and keen to develop new skills
– Experience writing scientific content
As part of the internship, we offer food and travel allowance within London. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in, then we’d love to hear from you! Just send over your CV and a letter of introduction outlining your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org