We are always on the lookout for talented new people with a proactive attitude and passion for exciting medical content.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager of Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) will report directly to the senior management team. Their primary duty will be to support the new business growth of MMP online video journals VJHemonc, VJOncology, VJDementia, and other journals as they launch. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for promoting and selling in products and services through the identification of new leads, securing new business meetings, managing the new business pipeline and ensuring the delivery of work to new clients. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for the management and production of marketing communications aimed at new clients, subsequent lead generation and management of CRM systems.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all MMP products and services to be able to communicate them to new business leads.
- To develop meaningful relationships with decision-makers in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, including Marketing Directors, Brand Managers, Medical Affairs and Communications Directors
- Develop and grow business relationships with agencies, consultancies and media buyers
- To support the senior leadership team in the development of new products and services
- To support the development of marketing campaigns and assets, taking direction from the senior leadership team
- To manage the creation of high-quality marketing campaign assets that will appeal to MMP’s potential clients
- To analyse and monitor campaigns, report on progress and highlight potential leads for follow-up
- To contact potential new business leads via email, telephone and social media platforms in order to secure calls and meetings, and communicate successes and failures to senior management
- To manage new business pipeline and CRM, and to be the key contact for MMP to new clients
- To work with the MMP project management, editorial and content development team to support the delivery of initial projects to new clients in line with brief and expectations
- To travel to international conferences in order to secure and meet new clients, and support marketing efforts, such as exhibition booths and stands
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and the role of medical publishing in communicating developments in the medical field, as well as its role in the delivery of industry objectives. A passion for digital communications and creativity are important for this role.
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking an Editorial Executive to join the editorial team and support the development and maintenance of our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
The ideal candidate is someone looking to gain insight into the world of digital medical publishing and educational content production, and who is keen to further develop skills in medical editing and writing. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A Life Sciences degree
- A passion for medical science and interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest news in clinical research
- Experience in writing scientific content
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- A proactive attitude, able to work in a flexible working environment
- Keen to learn new digital skills, including video production, and social media channel marketing and management tools
As Editorial Executive, your main duties and responsibilities will be divided between editorial and project management support, and are as follows:
- To produce high-quality written scientific content (for videos, podcasts, feature articles and more) across MMP platforms
- To proofread materials when required
- To support in the management of the MMP publishing calendar
- To support in the development of content for MMP projects, including medical congress coverage, special projects and features on all MMP platforms – this includes interview guides, video descriptions and social media/email
- To manage and regularly update the social media platforms, keeping up to date with trends/topics and interacting with the online community
- To support in the management of MMP databases
- To support in the development and maintenance of editorial SOPs and guides
Project management support
- To support the management of congress attendance – this includes logistics, crew briefs and content planning, among other tasks
- To liaise with third-party suppliers in order to obtain quotes and develop briefs
- To regularly update the congress calendar and report to the senior team on upcoming events
- To support management of congress coverage databases – this includes sourcing required information, liaising with experts and managing the interview schedule
- To keep project folders up to date with the most recent documents and ensure the wider team is able to access documents efficiently
- To maintain project status reports and update senior team on progress of all projects on a regular basis
- To attend offsite congresses and shoot, within the UK, for filming projects
- To attend internal and external calls, and record accurate minutes that should be distributed to the internal team promptly
You should note that your duties and responsibilities are likely to evolve and that you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as we may reasonably require.
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Writing And Digital Publishing Internship
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to join our team!
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking interns to join the editorial team and support the development and maintenance of our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
- The Video Journal of Hematological Oncology
- The Video Journal of Oncology
- The Video Journal of Dementia
We are looking for passionate candidates, seeking hands-on experience at a digital publisher, to support our team of content editors. In return, we offer a supportive and engaging environment for you to gain invaluable insight into the world of medical publishing, medical writing and all things digital.
During this internship, the successful candidate will:
– Develop written scientific content, for a healthcare professional or patient audience
– Publish written and video content on various online channels
– Engage with online communities, using social media platforms
– Learn how a medical publishing company works.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A Life Sciences degree (or undertaking one)
– Excellent writing and grammar skills
– An eye for detail
– A proactive attitude and keen to develop new skills
– Experience writing scientific content
As part of the internship, we offer food and travel allowance within London. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in, then we’d love to hear from you! Just send over your CV and a letter of introduction outlining your availability to email@example.com