We are always on the lookout for talented new people with a proactive attitude and passion for exciting medical content.
Location: Central London
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking a Project Manager to join the team in London and manage the organization, logistics and delivery of publishing projects for our cutting-edge online video journal platforms. The ideal candidate is independent, organized and pro-active, and passionate about delivering projects to a high standard in a timely manner. They will also be keen to further develop their project management skills in the digital publishing sector.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Educated to undergraduate degree level, ideally in a life sciences area
- Previous project management experience
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- A pro-active, independent attitude
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint) and other typical office software; ability to pick up new digital skills across a variety of platforms
- Keen to work in the digital medical publishing sector
The Project Manager’s main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Managing international medical congress attendance and coverage – this includes regularly updating the congress calendar and updating the team on upcoming events, organizing and booking logistics, scheduling and booking crews, organizing POs and payment, writing crew briefs and call sheets, and scheduling interviews and registrations, among other tasks
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of work – this includes making sure deadlines are met, booking in team member’s time for video production and review, ensuring invoices and reports are delivered, and maintaining project status reports and updating the team on the progress of projects on a regular basis, among other tasks
- Keeping project folders and databases up to date with the most recent documents, ensuring the wider team can access files efficiently
- Ensuring there is an efficient production workflow, including video, website updates and text content
- Organizing team meetings, planning actions and following up to ensure tasks are complete
- Planning and managing award entries
- Management of digital PR activities, including our LinkedIn profile and social media channels
- Liaising between different teams and members to ensure there are no diary conflicts for project plans
- Ensuring financial flow – this includes making payments, dealing with invoices, bookkeeping and liaising with accounts
- Database management, including the journal’s mailing list
- Preparing grant proposals
- Materials management – banners, brochures, presentations, exhibition booths
You should note that your duties and responsibilities are likely to evolve, and that you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as we may reasonably require.
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to join our London-based team, and recruit year-round!
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking interns to join the editorial team and support the development and maintenance of our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
- The Video Journal of Hematological Oncology
- The Video Journal of Oncology
- The Video Journal of Dementia
We are looking for passionate candidates, seeking hands-on experience at a digital publisher, to support our team of content editors. In return, we offer a supportive and engaging environment for you to gain invaluable insight into the world of medical publishing, medical writing and all things digital.
During this internship, the successful candidate will:
– Develop written scientific content, for a healthcare professional or patient audience
– Publish written and video content on various online channels
– Engage with online communities, using social media platforms
– Learn how a medical publishing company works.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A Life Sciences degree (or undertaking one)
– Excellent writing and grammar skills
– An eye for detail
– A proactive attitude and keen to develop new skills
– Experience writing scientific content
As part of the internship, we offer food and travel allowance within London. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in, then we’d love to hear from you! Just send over your CV and a letter of introduction outlining your availability to email@example.com
Do you have a passion for medical science and interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest news in clinical research?
We want to hear from you!
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) welcomes speculative applications for editorial support as we continue to grow from those with the following attributes:
- A Life Sciences degree
- Passion for medical science and keeping up-to-date with the latest news
- Experience in writing scientific content
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- A proactive attitude, able to work in a flexible working environment
- Keen to learn new digital skills, including video production, and social media channel marketing and management tools
Just send over your CV and a letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org