We are always on the lookout for talented new people with a proactive attitude and passion for exciting medical content.
Type: Full-Time or Part-Time (flexible depending on candidate), Permanent
To apply: please fill in our application
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking a Publishing Administrator to join the team and support with the logistics, organization and maintenance of publishing projects for our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
The ideal candidate is someone who is capable, organized and pro-active, and is keen to further develop skills in project assistance and management. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- An undergraduate degree
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- A pro-active attitude, able to work in a flexible working environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint) and other typical office software
- Keen to learn new digital skills, including the updating of website materials
As Publishing Administrator your main duties and responsibilities will be divided between publishing project and digital support, with some crossover, and are as follows:
Publishing project support:
- Support the management of congress attendance and client work – this includes organizing and booking logistics, scheduling and booking crew, organizing POs and payment, writing crew briefs and call sheets, and scheduling interviews and registrations, among other tasks
- Regularly update the congress calendar and report to the senior team on upcoming events
- Keep project folders up to date with the most recent documents and ensure the wider team is able to access documents efficiently
- Maintain project status reports and update senior team on progress of all projects on a regular basis
- Help to ensure an efficient production workflow, including video, web and text content
- Organize team meetings, plan actions and record minutes
- Plan and manage award entries
- Liaise between different teams and members to ensure no diary conflicts for project plans
- Ensure financial flow – including making payments, dealing with invoices, bookkeeping and liaising with accounts
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals
- General admin/office support
- Materials management – banners, brochures, presentations, exhibition booths
- To update the website for upcoming events
- Database management, including the journal’s mailing list
- Management of digital PR activities, including our LinkedIn profile
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to join our London-based team, and recruit year-round!
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) is seeking interns to join the editorial team and support the development and maintenance of our cutting-edge online video journal platforms, which provide medical news and education to healthcare professionals around the world.
- The Video Journal of Hematological Oncology
- The Video Journal of Oncology
- The Video Journal of Dementia
We are looking for passionate candidates, seeking hands-on experience at a digital publisher, to support our team of content editors. In return, we offer a supportive and engaging environment for you to gain invaluable insight into the world of medical publishing, medical writing and all things digital.
During this internship, the successful candidate will:
– Develop written scientific content, for a healthcare professional or patient audience
– Publish written and video content on various online channels
– Engage with online communities, using social media platforms
– Learn how a medical publishing company works.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A Life Sciences degree (or undertaking one)
– Excellent writing and grammar skills
– An eye for detail
– A proactive attitude and keen to develop new skills
– Experience writing scientific content
As part of the internship, we offer food and travel allowance within London. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in, then we’d love to hear from you! Just send over your CV and a letter of introduction outlining your availability to email@example.com
Do you have a passion for medical science and interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest news in clinical research?
We want to hear from you!
Magdalen Medical Publishing (MMP) welcomes speculative applications for editorial support as we continue to grow from those with the following attributes:
- A Life Sciences degree
- Passion for medical science and keeping up-to-date with the latest news
- Experience in writing scientific content
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- A proactive attitude, able to work in a flexible working environment
- Keen to learn new digital skills, including video production, and social media channel marketing and management tools
Just send over your CV and a letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org